Monday, June 30, 2003

PS...



Here's the fabric for the skirt.

Lining Up



I was able to get most of the jacket done over the weekend. I have to start on the lining next. It turned out pretty well, I think. The fit is good and I like the little stand up collar and fake pocket flaps.

Friday, June 27, 2003

Made My Marks

I made all the markings on the pattern pieces last night. It wasn't nearly so bad as I complained it would be. Some pieces didn't even require any markings at all! I got a little bit of actual sewing done too. I finished the darts on the back. The corduroy I'm using is of a medium-wale and it sheds like crazy. Bits of black all over everything.

Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Sewing Blog

Last night, I set up my sewing machine to start up on the corduroy jacket. I threaded bobbins and adjusted stitch length and tension. I cut out the interfacing and ironed it on to the front facing pieces, the collar, and the fake pocket flaps. Tonight I have to mark all the pattern pieces, which I don't particularly enjoy. It's so tedious!

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Nothing New

I've been at a workshop the last two days where I had no computer access, hence no posts, no project news to report, no reading of other blogs. I feel so behind! I plan to start sewing a bit on the jacket tonight and will probably buy fabric for the skirt later this week. I'm thinking rayon unless I can find some cool cotton prints.

Thursday, June 19, 2003

What's Next?

So, what will my next project be? I think I'm going to have to focus on sewing for a little bit. I'm going to start work on that corduroy jacket, as well as search for fabric for that scalloped edge skirt. I've got to work with what I already have instead of spending more money. However, a cute tank may be more than I can resist. A tank doesn't take too much yarn!

Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Take Me Out to the Ball Game


I worked on the neckband about five times last night. First I tried to create a rolled neckband. I knitted it twice the length that it was supposed to be and sewed it down on the inside. But it stood up too much, so I frogged. Then I tried binding off in kitchener stitch. I had to do that about three times because I was fooling around with the width of the band. But I finally got it! I like the way it turned out. The fit is perfect. Some cooler weather is coming at the end of this week and I look forward to wearing it then!

Monday, June 16, 2003

Finishing Up

Finally completed weaving in all the ends last night. Took forever. I'm finishing up the neck on the sweater. I want the neckline to be a little bigger than what's called for, so I'll be playing around with that. Should be done by tomorrow. I'll post pictures then, if it turns out okay!

Monday, June 09, 2003

Starting Over

Well, I finished the back with the capital M. It looks much better than I expected. I frogged about half of the other side with the star and am finishing that up now. I'll have to reblock it to even out all the stitches. I hope to start on the both sleeves tomorrow. So far, this has been a fun project, especially with the easy-to-knit ASC.

Friday, June 06, 2003

M is for...

I have started the other half of the sweater and am working a capital M motif on it. I tried creating a lower case m, but it didn't look quite right. I think I'll like this better than the star on the other side, which I made way too small. Should be able to finish up sometime this weekend. Then I'll have to rip out half of the one side and reknit it. No problem though. The ASC seems to knit up so quickly that I don't mind frogging!

Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Should I?

So, regarding the 3 motif on the sweater, which is now a star...Carolyn mentioned wanting a sweater with her first initial. I tried that initially, but didn't like it. Maybe that's because I was using a capital M. Maybe I should try a lower case m? I finished the back last night and it's blocking now. I could start on the front, add the m, and have it be the back. Then I'd have to frog the back to make it the front. The ASC knits up so quickly though that it might be worth it.

Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Progress

I swatched the All Season's Cotton this weekend and was able to start in on the back of the raglan sweater using the red. I decided to use a star motif instead of the number 3. It will be in the turquoisey color. I also tried a new cast on method: kitchener stitch with the main yarn color. It wasn't too bad once I got the hang of it. I must have ripped it out at least four times. It has a very neat and polished look. I'm having a little trouble with the intarsia of the motif though. But I think that was due to trying to only use the one skein of blue with the two bottom points of the star. I'll have to create another bobbin. Hopefully, I won't have to frog the motif section for a fifth time!