Wednesday, September 28, 2005
I started the front of the vest last night. I did about four rows. As you can see, I had to make some of my own bobbins out of a recycled cracker box. I didn't really want to go buy any more. So far, they're working just fine. Everything does tend to get jumbled together pretty easily. It's hard to get a knitting rhythm going when I have to stop every few stitches to find the correct bobbin I need. I'm glad I started though, because now I'm more inclined to finish the project, tangles and all.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
After receiving regular reminders from Carolyn about the Drunken Argyle vest, I decided to stop procrastinating and try to get started on all that intarsia. I only got so far as winding up some bobbins because it was pretty late. I know from experience that I need to be fully alert when reading any kind of chart if I want the garment to turn out properly. I also ran out of bobbins. In addition to the six you see here, I need seven more!
Monday, September 26, 2005
I spent some time this weekend going through my stash and thinking of easy projects I could do. I actually found a couple of old scarves that I never finished and ripped those out. I never made it to a LYS to buy yarn for the Cutaway. I think I'll have to wait for payday to do that. One highlight of the weekend was stopping by Super Eggplant's new house. Welcome back to PDX!
Thursday, September 22, 2005
This past week at work has been crazy busy and I haven't had time to read any of my favorite blogs, nor do much blogging myself. I'll finally be getting to the ChicKnits Cutaway as my next project. I haven't explored what kind of yarn I want to use, so a trip to one of the LYS in town is a must this weekend. I have also been working on a few small crocheting projects; mainly just experimenting with circles, making scarves and belts.
Monday, September 19, 2005
I finished up the seaming and weaving in of ends while I was watching the Emmys last night. I made a few changes to the pattern, as you can see. I decided against the mini mock turtleneck and opted for a plain neckline that I could wear with a blouse. I picked up stitches for the neck, as the directions said, but knit only one round then bound off loosely. I also made the sleeves a little bit longer, so it's more of a short sleeve, rather than a cap sleeve. The sweater feels great when it's on; snug, but not too tight.
Thursday, September 15, 2005
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Sunday, September 11, 2005
This back piece of the sweater is finally blocking! I thought I had finished it a couple of days ago and was pinning it down when I realized I had completely screwed up the lace chart. My problems began with the binding off for the armholes. I was having a hard time making sure both sides were even because of the yarn over increases. So, sometimes I was ending up with more stitches than I was supposed to have. I must have unknit the same 10-20 rows at least five times! The springiness of the yarn seems to have handled all that wear well though.
Monday, September 05, 2005
I absolutely love how fast this project is knitting up. It's just what I needed after working on the back of the drunken vest for months. The Solitaire is a fabulous yarn too. It's a little splitty, but the fabric it creates makes up for that. It's very spongy, springy, and soft.
Friday, September 02, 2005
Here's my purchase from the Knit Purl sale, where items are 25% off. I got four skeins of GGH Solitaire in olive for only $30! I haven't swatched it yet, but hope to get to it today. At first touch, the yarn feels soft and springy. I am excited for this eyelet sweater project. Regarding the vest, I am at the point where I am supposed to start the intarsia, and I have been putting it off. I may just have to put it on hold for another day.