Wednesday, June 19, 2002



Here's the finished blue plaid dress. I realize it would have been better if I had modeled the dress in the photos, but I hate taking pictures of myself. I had to make a few adaptations after trying it on. First, it was too big around the chest. I thought about adding straps, but changed my mind because I wanted it to be strapless. So I added a skinny strip of elastic to the front bodice. That was the perfect solution! It fit fine. Second, the ribbon and roses were supposed to go along the top, but because of the elastic it was too scrunchy. Instead, I sewed them along the seam where the bodice and skirt met. This was a quick project--it took about two and a half hours total. The best thing was that it cost under $13 since everything was on sale.

No comments: