Tuesday, January 27, 2004
Rebecca 26, Pattern 11
The cabley sweater is complete! I haven't worn it yet, but plan to this weekend. I knit the boat neck as originally written, not knowing what it would look like, but that it would probably be all wonky [thanks Silvia!]. I wanted to see how bad it was, I guess. And it was bad. The neck front was way too big and completely flopped around and looked weird. So I ripped it out. One of the reasons I made this sweater was because I loved the open neckline, so I didn't really want to alter it into a crewneck. What I ended up doing is just decreasing on every row instead of every other row as the directions indicate. I also stopped on row 50 instead of 55. It turned out great!