Before & After



I stayed up way too late finishing this project last night. Sewing all the rows together didn't take too long, only about an hour or so. All the squares didn't match up exactly, but it still seems to have turned out okay. It was the seam clipping that did me in. It took about two hours to clip everything and even then I missed one seam. I put it in the washing machine for a slightly longer cycle than I normally would to ensure nice fuzzy chenilled seams. When it was done, the washer and both utility sinks were full of denim bits. The throw also had chunks of denim bits all over it. I threw it in the dryer for about 45 minutes and when I went to get it this morning, there were still some wisps of denim and the lint trap was overflowing. Not very safe! I should have checked the lint trap periodically during this time. However, it was 1 a.m. and I was too wiped!

PS My next project may be another throw made from squares of felted sweaters. I think this idea was in the first issue of ReadyMade.

Comments

Popular Posts