Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Doh!

Last night, using my #9 needles, I happily knit along on one side of the tank, almost finished and ready to bind off. I measured the width of the fabric and it was almost 18 inches, which is what it was supposed to be. I started rereading the directions, searching for the part about the decreases that I was about to start. I began the decreases and sped along as the number of stitches got smaller and smaller. I scanned the directions again and something caught my eye. The pattern said to work 18 rows each in 12 color stripes. The whole time I had been working 12 rows! I totally blocked out the 18 and was focused on the number 12. I frogged my almost completed side and started yet again with the original needles I met gauge with, the #7s. I think I'm set now.

No comments: