Sunday, November 27, 2005
Here are the felt stockings that I finished over the holiday weekend. For the striped stocking, I used my rotary cutter to cut asymmetrical strips that I sewed together, with the skinny ends all at the same side. I rotated the stocking pattern several ways before finding how I wanted the stripes to go, then I cut it out. The back is just a solid piece of red felt. For the trees stocking, I was going to stitch all the felt pieces on, but decided to use a hot glue gun instead for convenience and time purposes.
In Drunken Argyle news, I bound off for the armholes and am currently shaping one side of the neckline. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!