Weekend Update



I spent the weekend doing a little bit of sewing and knitting. I actually finished knitting the body of the chartreuse jacket the other night. I actually knit more than the directions called for, but I figured that woul dbe fine since I didn't want it to be too cropped. I bound off for the armholes and put the rest of the stitches on holders while I cast on for the sleeves.

Once that was done, I finally decided what to do with the Liberty cotton that I got at the Bolt sale the previous weekend. I wanted to make a spring/summer dress and after looking through my patterns, decided on this McCall's pattern, view C with the halter bodice. I think I'll probably shorten it a bit. I pre-washed the cotton and cut out the pattern. I hope to make time to cut out the fabric tonight!

I also got some new sewing machine feet. Instead of a flimsy plastic invisible zipper foot, I got this one made specifically for my machine. I'm excited to try it out! I picked up a couple of rolled hem feet.

Comments

Chicago Sarah said…
can't wait to see your dress!

Popular Posts