I finished my Liberty print halter dress last night aside from the hook and eye I sewed on this morning. The pattern, McCall's 5315, is starting to grow on me. I wasn't completely sold on it before I started, but I liked the halter and thought it would showcase the fabric nicely. There are four pleats on the front and the back and they create this slight tulip shape on the skirt, which is fun. I was hesitant to start the project for fear of working with such expensive fabric, but I decided I needed to suck it up and just go for it. I thought the Liberty cotton would be very delicate and unforgiving, but I was wrong. Even after ripping out the zipper once, as well as a couple of other minor seam mistakes, the fabric was no worse for wear and held up nicely. It was really great to work with and sew.
Click to see close ups of the dress bodice and the pleats.