Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yoke's On Me



Just finished sewing the facing to the yoke and the front of the dress. Once they pieces were sewn together I had to slash it down the center, which I'm always paranoid about because I think I'm going to end up cutting the dress too. As you can see, I used some brown binding that I had in my stash to finish the facing edges. The fabric is thick enough that it doesn't really show through to the right side. I just didn't want to have to go and buy a bunch of facing when I could just use what I had on hand.

1 comment:

anne bryant said...

I found your blog by searching for the CR tunic pattern and am happy to find it. :) I'm making this pattern right now using a Joel Dewberry fabric. I've never sewed from a pattern before but so far so good. Next I want to that top you did below—very cute!