Dressed Up

Last night, I decided to skip knitting the sleeves of the sweater and focus instead on sewing up the dress, which I am wearing today. It took a couple of hours to make, but was pretty easy and straightforward. I probably could have made the dress a size smaller, but I was afraid that it would be too narrow to pull on. So, I had to make a few alterations to give it some more shaping. There are already darts in the back and darts along the bustline. I took the dress in a little more along the side seams and added two more vertical darts in the front. I could also try wearing it with a belt. The fit is a bit more tailored, but still loose enough to be comfortable.