The Assembly Line Cap Sleeve Shirtdress

 I finally finished this dress project during the holiday weekend. This is The Assembly Line Cap Sleeve Shirt pattern that I hacked and made into a dress. I had purchased two yeards of this Marimekko Mini Unikko fabric in the red and pink colorway and wanted to use as much of it as possible. I only needed to alter the pattern and add the desired length. I didn't think at all about matching the floral pattern on the front button placket and only noticed it after the fact. I debated for a while whether or not I should try to fix it. This was a relatively quick project and aside from the buttons and buttonholes, I finished it in an afternoon. I thought about different kinds of fasteners, but in the end, I decided to stick with buttons. I was able to overlap the placket by an extra half inch so that it appears to match somewhat–enough that it didn't bother me. I love it and it will be a perfect summer dress to wear!